We were having a slice of panetone with our afternoon cuppa the other day. I put my husband's plate beside him on the sidetable and the cat screwed round to sniff at it - we couldn't think why it might interest him. My husband picked the bread up to take a bite and the cat made a grab at it, almost savaging it! There were bits flying everywhere. It is all quite sedate in the photo here as the best action had already taken place before I could grab the camera, but you can just see Hamlet's tongue as he takes another bite. Strange animal.
This week the poetry bus is being driven by Jeanne Iris whose blog is Revolutionary Revelry. She gives us three options and I chose the third which is to write our own version of 'Auld Lang Syne'. I can't do the clever stuff involved in recording and posting it. Mine is short and sweet but it fits the tune quite nicely:
Lose weight, get fit,
improve my mind,
is my resolve this year.
It's rash of me
to tell you this
as my will is weak - I fear.
E'en so I'll give it
my best shot
and try to use my time
in useful ways -
not wasting it
by searching for a rhyme!
0 Comments