Andee drove down from Virginia yesterday and we spent the day together. So, I should have some pictures and a good post, but I don't. I enjoyed being with her and forgot all about taking pictures.
My Mother used to call and ask me to come spend the weekend with her. She would say, can't you just leave work Friday evening and drive down. I did occasionally, but after working in Raleigh all week, I felt like there was so much I needed to do here. There was the housework, the cooking, and yard work that needed to be done.
The years go by so fast. I would give anything to spend one of those weekends with mama again. All that work I thought was so important was not important at all.
Looks like I have about thirty minutes here. Poppy got home from work a little before three, threw on his hunting clothes and headed for the woods.
Then Eli needed his afternoon walk. He did pretty good posing here for a picture. It gets dark early now, so there is not much time left after our walk for anything but fixing supper.
Good gosh! Would you look at the leaves? Looks like these leaves will be around at Christmas. Somehow I've pulled a muscle in my lower back or thigh...I can't tell which, but at times I can hardly walk. It hurts to rake leaves!
The camera caught the white guinea just as it landed on the fence.
Hard to believe this part of the yard was raked clean just last week! :(
Eli licks his ice cream bowl clean. Poppy says, you won't have to wash Eli's bowl, just put it back in the cabinet. He is kidding.
Not much of a post so thank you if you are still here.
Hope tomorrow will be bright and sunny. Hope to be back soon.
Love,
Henny
My Mother used to call and ask me to come spend the weekend with her. She would say, can't you just leave work Friday evening and drive down. I did occasionally, but after working in Raleigh all week, I felt like there was so much I needed to do here. There was the housework, the cooking, and yard work that needed to be done.
The years go by so fast. I would give anything to spend one of those weekends with mama again. All that work I thought was so important was not important at all.
Looks like I have about thirty minutes here. Poppy got home from work a little before three, threw on his hunting clothes and headed for the woods.
Then Eli needed his afternoon walk. He did pretty good posing here for a picture. It gets dark early now, so there is not much time left after our walk for anything but fixing supper.
Good gosh! Would you look at the leaves? Looks like these leaves will be around at Christmas. Somehow I've pulled a muscle in my lower back or thigh...I can't tell which, but at times I can hardly walk. It hurts to rake leaves!
The camera caught the white guinea just as it landed on the fence.
Hard to believe this part of the yard was raked clean just last week! :(
Eli licks his ice cream bowl clean. Poppy says, you won't have to wash Eli's bowl, just put it back in the cabinet. He is kidding.
Not much of a post so thank you if you are still here.
Hope tomorrow will be bright and sunny. Hope to be back soon.
Love,
Henny
0 Comments