Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sunday Salon - October 11th


Not much new to report but I did order a few new books which arrived this week. Amazon had a buy 2 books get 1 free promotion last week and I believe it's still going on. There are about 17 pages of titles to chose from.  Here is what arrived on Saturday:

I went a little Murakami crazy.  I enjoyed, After Dark, the first book that I read by him, so I ordered (3) more titles that were eligible for this promotion : Norwegian Wood, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, and Kafka on the Shore.  Then I also chose The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood, as I had won a $10.00 Amazon Gift Certificate from April @ Cafe of Dreams in a September Giveaway. (Thanks April).

.......Oh, and that long haired ball of fur is BUDDY. He is 8 years old, and frankly he's kind of like my shadow. He's a bit whiny and insecure, but makes a great lap cat, likes to read books with me, and also enjoys computer time. He is really very sweet...LOL

Today I hope to get my stack of books together for the 24 Hour Read-a-Thon. I know some of you have already posted your stacks, and I have some lighter reads in mind for when my eyes get very tired.  I also plan to get out for a while if the weather is nice.  That's about it really, except that I will be getting an early birthday present from my husband soon (my birthday is not until December).  My lips are zipped, but I know what it is and I'll post a picture and write more once it arrives.

Have a great week everyone? Have any fun plans?

Post a Comment

0 Comments