Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Inspiration from Planet Hamptons


Although I'm endeavouring to embrace a more authentic, pared-down lifestyle, I think it's still important to feed my imagination with that which is aesthetically beautiful. These images are so incredibly, unattainably perfect that I find I can look at them with sheer joy and not feel a stab of envy. Embracing the "good life" should not mean you eschew all forms of beauty and glamour, but instead let it inspire your creativity.

Surely we should be able to look at lovely homes, fashion and holidays and let that which inspires us, touch our everyday life in small ways. For example, I can't imagine that I'll be holidaying in Provence anytime soon, but I love to pour a little lavender oil into my bucket when cleaning the floors to make the home smell a little of that region. This might be seen as going all "Hyacinth Bucket", but truly, if I'm doing a loathsome job, why not make it as pleasant as possible?

These homes in the Hamptons are amazing and far removed from my reality, but I can certainly appreciate the beauty and elegance they convey. I have on occasion used a Hampton-esque colour palette when renovating old furniture . We own some timber furniture, originally purchased in the 90's, and we have repainted as the kids have gouged out their homework and names into their surfaces. So satisfying to bring a touch of Hamptons style into my home for the cost of a bucket of paint and some elbow grease. It may seem insignificant and unimpressive to the trained eye, but to us, we love these little attempts at finding beauty at an attainable level.

I hope you enjoy these images - let your imagination run wild!










All images from the amazing Frank Greenwald

Post a Comment

0 Comments