Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Walking in a Winter Wonderland.

Welcome to my world.  The roads in these pictures don't look too bad because the plows have been doing a great job on the main roads here in Spokane.  We're in a Winter Storm Warning today.  So far we have about 7 inches and I just heard another 6-10 possible.  NE Washington is supposed to get 24 inches.  Yuck!

We came out of church and Larry and Nita had a flat tire.  I mean FLAT.  It was resting on the rim.  First we tried to inflate it with the portable air compressor in the emergency kit in my car but that didn't work at all.  It must have a hole in it to go so flat in 3 hours.  So  we went to lunch!  HA!  The guys took Nita and I to their house after we ate and then went back to change the tire. Laying in the snow.  In a blizzard.  After that Dennis and I took home communion to some of the older ladies that couldn't get out today.  It was interesting.  We saw several accidents but they all looked like minor fender benders.  Driving too fast and following too close.  The cardinal no, no's in this kind of weather.

A few snapshots as we drove along....
We'll be heading outside in a few minutes for round one of snow removal. Dennis keep telling me that I'm forbidden to lift the shovel because of my back, but I think I can sweep the steps off.  He's itching to get his snow blower out again.  :-)  We'll have to do it all again before bedtime but it's easier to keep up with if you do it as it's falling.

The three baby blankets are done.  Ta-dah!

The first with no border until I know if the baby is a boy or a girl.
For a little girl due February 7.
For Harumi's baby girl in Japan due February 1.
I'm working on a sweater, hat and sock set for Harumi right now.

Im so used to calling her our adopted daughter I think I may have misled you in my last post.  She's not legally our adopted daughter.  She lived with us while going to college here in Spokane.  Her Dad passed away when she was a young girl but she does have her Mom and a sister.  She has always called us Mom and Dad and turns to Dennis for advice like a father quite often.  She is so sweet and we love her like a daughter.

And now, I've procrastinated long enough.  I need to put on my snow clothes and go outside.

"Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."  This is the first and greatest commandment."  Matthew 22:37-38

******UPDATE- At 8:00 pm we have had 9 inches and still snowing! The above pictures were taken at 2:00 pm******
Blessings my friends and stay warm.

Betsy

Post a Comment

0 Comments