From one of the house clearance bods I gave 20p for a small box of pegs. When used in the garden for pegging fleece to canes they always break then I get short of them for their proper job so it's useful to find a few cheap to make up the numbers.
Then 2 chilli pepper plants. No plans to grow any this year until Eldest Daughter was here and talking about wanting some chilli jelly/chutney. Spotted these for 50p each and thought as I had the pots and the compost, might as well have them. What I haven't got is room for them in the greenhouse! nevertheless I'll squeeze them in. I'll be able to make chilli jelly for the Christmas hampers too.
No plans to buy any books this month either- as I want to have a big splurge when the new Furrowed Middlebrow Collection are published in early August.
But then I spotted this. Often used on birthday cards etc, I like her paintings of old cottages, probably a bit 'twee' for modern tastes and probably a lot of artistic licence was used when they were painted. There's an original painting on ebay for over £3,000.
The book is a biography as well as details of her paintings at a better price of £2.
Sundays local car boot saw me coming home with............Nothing!
Back Tomorrow
Sue
0 Comments