Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Creative Stitch Quilt Shop!

North Manchester, Indiana is getting a down-town face lift!

Brand new beautiful side walks adorned with classic old-style lamp posts and trees will soon line these streets with gorgeous old brick buildings of turn-of-the-twentieth-century architecture!

This is the Burdge building….look at that roof line, the clock tower and the wonderful detail!

You know how it goes ---things are always an inconvenient MESS before the better can happen.

I'm not about to let a little bit of construction mess stop me from exploring!

Indiana_Sept2012 029

Another view of the quaint downtown streets!

It’s going to be wonderful! If you look down the row of shops, you will see in bold letters, The Creative Stitch Quilt Shop.

Indiana_Sept2012 150

Never let a bit of construction stop you either!

Indiana_Sept2012 149

Cute window displays welcoming in Autumn and the cooler weather----

Indiana_Sept2012 142

I love shops in old buildings, don't you? It might look small from the entrance, but this place is FULL of goodies for every quilter--

Indiana_Sept2012 145

Awesome Fat Quarter station!

It’s an old piece of furniture from a post office, the names clearly visible on the labels beneath each cubby. I WANT THIS!

Of course, it weighs more than a piano, it’s one piece! Still….one COULD find an old farm table…and make the top cubby part? Who am I kidding, it’s not likely to happen here, but I just love the easy access to those great colors of FQs…and seeing them this way just inspires me to want to SEW!

Indiana_Sept2012 148

I’m drawn to the old sphinx treadle!

Indiana_Sept2012 152

The chimney with original brickwork already inspiring delightful holiday stitchery.

Indiana_Sept2012 151

Oodles of books and patterns and samples to inspire!

Indiana_Sept2012 153

I dare you NOT to touch or pet --- I bet you can’t do it!

Indiana_Sept2012 147

The Creative Stitch is owned by Linda Cearbaugh, shown here helping a customer on a busy Tuesday morning. She has two long arm machines in the back of the shop and provides quilting services for many local quilters.

Indiana_Sept2012 141

I continue to wander until I find the mother load!

Itchy fingers start digging for buried treasure!

Indiana_Sept2012 143

My method? Pull out all you THINK you want, and then start loading it into the bag, favorite pieces first!

Indiana_Sept2012 144

The rule is, the bag must zip closed!

I had more room left over…how’s this for packing skills? LOL!

Indiana_Sept2012 169

This is what came home with me. 2 yards of a greeny-turquoise with yellow green flowers. A really ODD color, and I liked it! One bag of scraps, bursting with possibilities, and an adorable hand made pendant!

Indiana_Sept2012 170

These are made by a local artisan in Indiana and I just had to have one! The log cabin block is glass encased on both sides, and the artist has signed her name on the back. I’ll hang it from a ribbon or a chain --- a perfect piece of “something special” from Indiana---

Indiana_Sept2012 171

If you have a chance, and you are anywhere near North Manchester, IN – stop in on Linda and tell her that Bonnie sent you!!

Post a Comment

0 Comments