Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by
The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're asked to list the top ten authors on our auto-buy list (or basically authors we love enough to buy anything they write regardless of genre or subject matter).
I love classics so, unfortunately, many of my favorite authors are long dead. However, there are still plenty of contemporary authors whose work I will purchase and read automatically.
1. Jonathan Franzen - People either love him or hate him; I'm one of the former.
2. Amor Towles - After
Rules of Civility, I will read anything this man ever writes.
3. Jhumpah Lahiri - She is the queen of contemporary short stories.
4. Anna Quindlen - A personal favorite for nearly 30 years, her latest nonfiction,
Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake, should be required reading for every woman over 50.
5. Elizabeth Strout - Two words:
Olive Kitteridge. I loved her earlier novels, too, and can't wait for the upcoming release of
The Burgess Boys.
6. Wally Lamb can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned, but it's been far too long since we've heard from him.
7. Stewart O'Nan - My relationship with O'Nan has been well-documented
here,
here,
here, and
here.
8. Richard Russo - I love Russo's fiction (especially
Bridge of Sighs and
Empire Falls) and plan to read his new memoir,
Elsewhere, soon.
9. Khaled Hosseini - The Kite Runner and
A Thousand Splendid Suns were both favorites. Now I'm counting the days until
And the Mountains Echoed is released.
10. Ann Patchett - I've read all of Patchett's work and will continue do to so. I also love the fact that when Nashville lost its in-town bookstores, she stepped up and opened one herself.
Do you have an auto-buy author list?
Visit
The Broke and the Bookish for more Top Ten Tuesday posts.
0 Comments