Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Old Wives' Tales

You may remember a post I wrote on February 21st about Mabry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway? 


 I wrote something to the effect that I had heard if you have a thunderstorm in the middle of winter, snow will follow not too long after.  Wellll...we had snow yesterday here in the big North Carolina.  :)  We also had rain, sleet, and thunder first thing yesterday morning.  Um-hum.  Thankfully, there were no earthquakes or tornadoes.  

The snow was nothing like the one that hit the east coast a few weeks ago, but it came down hard for a few hours, blowing steadily out of the north.  It covered the rooftops and ground with a light layer of snow and ice pellets, and it was really cold last night (like 18° cold).  "Oh Spring, where art thou?"  

Have a good day, and thanks for stopping by!


Denise

Post a Comment

0 Comments