Not quite sure what I like best about this time of year. Certainly the crisp slanting light that seems to illuminate the landscape, making everything crystal sharp. Maybe it’s the gusty squalls that send you rushing indoors, cosying up to the first fires of the season. This weekend has certainly been dramatic,weather wise. Winds up to force eight making life difficult for those trying to stand upright. We had a delivery of a lorry load of logs on Saturday morning. Sons were summoned and we soon had them all stacked neatly in the newly enlarged log shed. Of course we had to light a fire to celebrate, as the wind and rain lashed against the windows.
Last week middle son celebrated a birthday and we went back to his, after a meal out, for cakes and fizz. Their kittens entertained us well, taking away the pangs of sadness over Wizard’s demise. We have been helping to feed the kittens at lunchtimes too, so I make sure I get lots of cuddles while I am there.
Cold rainy days are good for baking too. I’m experimenting with gluten free recipes and made some rather delicious apple and cinnamon muffins. All helps using up the surplus apples.
We did manage a quick walk this afternoon. Invigorating is the best way to describe it. Lots of lovely things to photograph. Slanting shadows and stormy seas. I’ll leave you with a selection and wish you a happy week ahead.
Barbara xxx
















0 Comments