Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I Stopped the World and Got OFF - Just for Today!

The world seems to be spinning out of control! 
The violence in Boston and now the tragedy in West, Texas.
I've continued to pray and watch a bit of news.....


but today - just for today - I have tried to simply STOP the world and get off!
Louis Dean has been out of town for a couple of days so it was very quiet around here.
I slept late this morning. I mean REALLY late as in nearly 11:00!
I didn't run around and I didn't do a million projects.
I made coffee and took it back to bed with me.
My current book is Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas and I enjoyed some extra reading time.
Only routine housework was accomplished today.


Louis Dean and Lucy arrived home this afternoon breaking the silence around here but adding the spark of life we all need. He had a successful trip closing up his property with the help of his grandson.
We have a contract on the house so hopefully this will be a done deal soon!


Louis Dean liked the newly painted coffee cart!

He was in hopes a guitar case he had ordered would have arrived while he was gone.
Nope! 
I said I hoped we got the tickets to see Val Kilmer in Citizen Twain soon!
We will be going Sunday!
Louis Dean said, "We DID! We DID get them!! I hope you didn't throw them away!"
Sure enough - I HAD!
They arrived in an AT&T envelope and he had left them inside and laying on the coffee table.
I thought it was junk mail!


Thankfully, the trash was still outside so I sifted through it until I found them!

I have enjoyed this gentler and quieter day.
Continuing in this work free manner - I am going to play Bunko tonight with my friend and neighbor, Stephanie! I am an alternate so when someone can't play then I CAN!

The world will still be spinning in the morning and I plan to hop back on!







Post a Comment

0 Comments