
The weather channel on TV was showing this news all day on Friday.
They were calling the storm "Xylia."
They were right!
It rained on Friday and some of Saturday, and we thought maybe the storm wouldn't be as bad as predicted, but then the snow began falling....and falling and falling!
Sunday morning we had constant howling winds and about 18 inches of snow had fallen in our area. It is not over, as it is going to keep snowing until sometime Monday.
My husband worked hard clearing snow off our driveway even using a powerful snowblower. I helped out doing what I could with a shovel. Thankfully, our power has stayed on and we were inside our home safe and warm most of the day.
I took this video early Sunday morning just to show how hard the wind was blowing. The storm was later officially declared a blizzard by afternoon.
We enjoyed hot chocolate after shoveling the snow.
I simmered pork tenderloin in my slow cooker on low all day. It was stewed in tomatoes with onions, celery, carrots, garlic, bell peppers, zucchini, garden squash, snap peas, butter beans, mushrooms, and spices. I also made cheesy polenta and served the stewed vegetables over the polenta with the pork served on the side. It was delicious-- just what we needed for a wintery day!
I hope you have sunshine and spring flowers where you are...I'm sure they will arrive here, too, someday, but right now snow is normal for "Springtime in the Rockies" and we are enjoying it all!
PS: My second covid vaccine went well and I had no other symptoms afterward except for a tender arm for a few days. It is such a relief!
In the meantime, my friends, stay healthy and safe!




0 Comments