On Tuesday while trying to get it listed I accidentally knocked it off the ottoman where I set it down after I measured it. I should have known better because the ottoman is not the safest place to set something that is breakable.
That bowl now looks like this.
Yikes. It isn't the first vintage item that I have broken and it probably won't be the last, but on the few occasions that it has happened, it has broken my heart. These are items that can't be easily replaced.
Wednesday morning was our annual meeting for the apartments where I live. It was my first since I have been living here for less than a year.
It is basically a meeting to keep us up to date on what is happening here. For me, the one thing I really wanted to find out is whether we were going to finally get the new refrigerators we had been promised.
Hooray. It looks like I will be getting mine sometime in late February. The very old ugly beige refrigerator that I now have will be replaced with a nice shiny new white one that will match my stove.
I am in a purging and cleaning mode this week. It's time to get rid of some things. I am sick of having my closets so stuffed that I can't find anything. I have a couple of things my daughters want and lots of things to list online to sell.
Of course, I also need space for the new treasures I will be bringing home.
I wonder what it is like to have a minimalist home.




0 Comments