Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

An old bathtub and stairs

It was cloudy this morning and 65 degrees and I walked around the lake.  Some of the geese have come back and I watched a bunch of them fly in together and make a landing on the water.  Really cool to watch!  No deer did I see but lots of rabbits still around.
Stopped to chat for a bit with my walking friend Donna. 
That's my reflection there in the water.  I stopped on the red bridge to look down at the water and took a picture of the water lilies.  The light from the flash makes me look like I'm wearing a miners hat.
There was a feel of rain in the air but it never did while I was walking.
I walked 6.5 miles.
Sunrise 6:25
Sunset 7:55
*********************
I was happy to find these good sturdy working gloves in my size.  They are usually way too big.  As you can see I get good use out of my gloves.  These used to be pink.
Some of you were wanting to see some pictures of the old house.
Here is the claw foot bathtub that is who knows how old.  It is one of the things I loved about the house.
Here is the staircase in the house.  It is narrow and creaky and I always loved it.  It has never been painted which is pretty rare to find in a 112 year old house.
I know the stairs show age but I like them like that.  I like to imagine all the different people who walked up and down them through the years.

I've been home today doing the usual Monday chores and puttering around.  I always enjoy being home again after being away up on our land.  I really love both places!!

It was cloudy all day and then the rain came while we were eating supper.  Were going to go out and do a few errands but didn't feel like going in the rain so we just stayed home. I'll read for a while and then later watch some television and have some ice cream for my snack.

Hope your day made you happy.
Happyone
The winds that sometimes take something we love,
are the same that bring us something we learn to love.
Therefore we should not cry about something that was taken from us,
but, yes, love what we have been given.
Because what is really ours is never gone forever.
~ Bob Marley
Comment replies:
Ruta:  Thanks for the tree information. I'll try to find out what kind of trees they are.
At least we won't have to worry about the neighbors complaining! : )

Post a Comment

0 Comments