Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Vintage Love Seat From The Salvation Army



On Saturday I felt like my deceased mother was whispering in my ear, urging me to go to the Salvation Army. It happened a few times, so I decided to just get in the car and go. It's located only a mile from my home. My mom was quite an enthusiastic  shopper and talented home decorator, so whenever I sense that she is on hand to help me, I listen closely and take her advice.

I walked in and didn't see much that appealed to me. You have to really look to find the quality items at our Sally Army, but sometimes they are there. I have snatched up some gorgeous antique lamps and pieces of vintage furniture in the past. You have to act quickly. Sometimes they transport items up from their store in Pasadena.  That's where the antiques are, and some of them are really spectacular.


I spotted this love seat and gasped. It didn't look like much among what they had in the store, but when I got it home, it brought my whole cottage to life. Antiques and vintage items do that in an older home. They go so well together. It was on sale at 50% off; so I got it for $45.00. There was a man there with a truck who agreed to move it here for me and to take my old one back for $20.00. I bought my last couch there, as well.  The upholstery on this one looks brand new. I could tell that whoever had donated it took the time to polish the wood carefully. It has really good energy;  I am thrilled. I have been looking for period couch for twenty years. It totally is my mom's taste.  

I was checking my bank balances this morning and saw a charge from The Wall Street Journal for $38.99. I had taken advantage of their "free trial" in September, and then did not cancel it in time. I was four days late. I spoke with a supervisor, but could not get a refund. I am just sick. I hate to waste money. Unfortunately, I agreed to their terms and conditions. It was an expensive lesson to make. What really bothers me is that I didn't even read any of the articles. I couldn't remember my password, and I got busy with my Etsy shop, Christmas preparations, and housework. I will not make this mistake again. Time seems to fly by so much more quickly as I get older.  It turns out I did write my password in my little notebook, but I didn't take the time to look it up and use the free trial. Lesson learned.     

Post a Comment

0 Comments