But there is a new problem for them... a very naughty, bored little "boy" has shown up to mess up their plans...
I let Mr. Simba (sometimes known as the Misters) out one morning, and the turkeys caught his attention.
Off he went...
I decided to catch the action with the camera and see what would happen. It was very early in the morning, not quite daylight, so the pictures will be dark...
He circled the outer edge of the turkeys and the turkeys weren't really paying attention to the orange fur ball stalking them.
Notice the turkeys fighting each other... unaware that an impending stalker is approaching...
As he continued to circle, he decided the time was right and...
... he approached the turkeys quietly and cautiously.
Uh oh! The turkeys began to scatter, rather unwillingly.
The Misters sat right in the spot where the turkeys like to feed from the birdseed droppings. The turkeys were not happy. The squawks and turkey noises grew to a loud roar as they were quite upset at the new intruder.
Below is a short video that I got of the action ....
Turkeys grouping together just outside Misters reach... it is apparent that it is a game with them both. Neither one are really afraid or seeking to hurt each other, and after a while...
Misters was ready to get back to being king in his warm comfy little "palace"....
... while the poor turkeys are outside trying to keep warm. They stand on one leg and switch off to keep their feet from freezing in the 0 degree weather. It amazes me how the Lord created animals to have the perfect attire for whatever weather conditions they find themselves in. I felt so sorry for the turkeys and wished I could have helped them, but I know you can't interfere with nature and the natural process the Lord has ordained. And so from my comfy warm spot inside the house I watched the poor turkeys do their best to stay warm, knowing that I must let nature have its way. That is hard to do sometimes, especially on days when it is so cold outside!
Just a little glimpse into the never ending interaction we have here on a daily basis with the wild animals who come to visit. I am never too far from the window on days like today looking outside into our winter wonderful-land and watching the antics of our winter visitors. :)
0 Comments