As you probably know by now the Pops have a large screened patio with a wall around most of it that’s about three feet high. That wall is my perch early and late in the day. Maybe throne would be a better word than perch.
From that wall, this time of year, I experience all sorts of things. When the breeze comes from the east, the fragrance of the gardenia bush soothes my feline soul. Right now the bush is loaded down with gorgeous large white blossoms. I can see day lilies, roses, amaryllis and sea grapes all in bloom.
I watch two cardinals building a nest in the hedge. I watch doves getting romantic at the bird feeder. I can listen to the mockingbirds serenading one another. I can see a black racer snake search around the fence posts for lizards. I can watch the slow little box turtle make its way across the lawn to a bowl of cat food that’s put out for the little stray cat. If I look up I can see up to six swallow-tailed kites soaring and doing acrobatic maneuvers in the sky.
Who needs tee vee and such when you have things like this to fill your day?
Have a great weekend and tell me what you see from your perch.
Sincerely,
Fred the Cat (the cat who loves you guys!)
0 Comments