Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Random Thoughts and Musings: Basement Cleaning Edition

Yes, I am still cleaning out my basement. I have been doing so for over four weeks. It is starting to shape up nicely now, and I can actually walk around without worrying that stuff is going to fall on me. All the piles are small, and I have a handle on where everything is.

That is why my blogging has sucked eggs. Sorry about that. Every extra moment I have had has been put into getting the basement cleaned and getting ready for our first ever garage sale. I have over twenty years of stuff around this house while Jim has at least ten years worth. It has been an ordeal to say the least.

On that note, my blogging will not be back to normal until after next weekend. We have set a date for our garage sale, and it is next Saturday the 28th. I have inventory at work the Thursday and Friday right before it so it was crucial to get everything ready this weekend, leaving more minor stuff for the weekdays.

We are really excited about having a gararge sale. We will have videos, books, clothes, assorted furniture, and keepsakes. It should be a riot. Heh. My only concern is that we have no flipping idea how to price stuff. I am going to have to pick some brains to figure it out.

One question: if you had knick knacks from loved ones that are deceased or in ill health, would you hold on to them for the sentimental value or would you dispose of them? My mom went through hell when she had to clean out my grandparent's home, and has become very anti-knick knack. I don't blame her. Other then some comic book related stuff, I have never really liked to keep stuff like that. It just feels wrong to get rid of stuff my family members have made for me. Opinions?

Note to all of you: do not be like me and let crap accumulate this long. It is a nightmare. I am exhausted and upset for doing this to myself. If your stuff is starting to clutter, go through it and figure out what can go. If you don't want to have a garage sale, take stuff to Goodwill, or donate it somewhere fitting.

On that note, I am going grocery shopping with Jim and then to help a friend paint. Then he will help us next weekend with the very thrilling Jim/Heidi garage sale. Until then, have a nice day and I will see you here tomorrow. Things will be back to normal here by the July 4th weekend. Thank you for humoring an eccentric middle aged lady!

Post a Comment

0 Comments