Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

On the way to ER

Yesterday, Wednesday, we drove a round trip of 140 miles for me to go to a nurse practitioner. She has a PhD in nursing and is very patient. With list in hand, I told her I had eleven (11) things to talk about. "Can you, will you listen to all of them? I can come back next Wednesday if you don't have time."

She said, "Let's hear it." We got through the list. Some questions were simple and just requests for refills or for a liquid instead of pills I take. But, my appointment lasted from 1 pm to 4 pm. She worked slowly enough to hear me and respond. Some of the same questions were brushed off or forgotten by other doctor's even though they responded positively to my questions, requests, or needs.


She gave me refills, and liquid meds to replace pills. Then, I had an ekg. She ordered me to ER. I would die in the hospital in Cullman, so I opted to return to Birmingham. Now, in order to keep Tommy off the streets and away from any possibility of catching coronavirus, I am going by ambulance to hospital. Palpitations and chest pains are extraordinary.

There is no need to fuss about my inaction. I just won't post it. By the time you read this, I will be in an ambulance.

Before my appointment we managed to get lots done. Since I felt too bad to make a sandwich, we picked up a small hamburger. The one thing i did not do was make a return to Belk's.

I went to the same bathroom that was icky and found it ickier. The pee had dried. I just left and called the person in charge who assured me she had used it and it was fine. Oh well.  In this bathroom when you look at the commode seat, the light causes your shadow to fall across the seat, so it was hard to see the second time. Or, maybe it is my eyes. lol

Oh, diagnosis from ekg was ischemia.

Good grief, forecast is 78F today!






Post a Comment

0 Comments