
A new day is dawning here in the sunshine state. The sun is peaking over the trees. Murphy and Fred the Cat have settled down for their morning until afternoon naps. All is quiet on the home front.
The birds are making the rounds at the birdfeeders and the birdbath. Several different types of flowers are smiling with blooms in my backyard. Lilies, frangipanis, roses, amaryllis, daisies, hibiscus and more. It’s as though nature's best works of art are displayed for me to enjoy.
These simple pleasures make me smile, I can’t help it. Serenity does that to me. I waited a long time for it and I won’t take a second of it for granted. I’ll enjoy the aroma of the flowers and the songs of the birds. I’ll enjoy the peacefulness of the quiet household and the sight of the sleeping furry occupants.
While the world spins in unexpected and strange ways and while human beings hate, fight and kill one another, I must take a timeout and enjoy what I have right here today. My soul needs these moments.
No one knows what tomorrow might bring. I’m keeping the memories of this day just in case I need them some future tomorrow.
0 Comments