Me on Monday is feeling much better and is ...
... expecting a delivery of groceries from the supermarket this afternoon. I placed the order earlier than necessary, simply because I was fortunate to get a home delivery slot. If the entire order arrives I will be able to manage for about 6 - 8 weeks, assuming I can get a vegetable box delivery in about 3 weeks.
... expecting a delivery of groceries from the supermarket this afternoon. I placed the order earlier than necessary, simply because I was fortunate to get a home delivery slot. If the entire order arrives I will be able to manage for about 6 - 8 weeks, assuming I can get a vegetable box delivery in about 3 weeks.
... also expecting a visit from a roofing company to quote for repairing the lead flashing around the chimney. I think part of the flashing may have come loose during one of the big storms in December or January but it's now almost detached, so needs to be repaired as soon as possible.
... pondering on the proposals for relaxing the lock-down restrictions which Boris announced last night in a speech that was vague and raised more questions than answers. The plan, if you can call it a plan, feels rushed and the practicalities haven't been fully thought through. Until I learn otherwise I am assuming that the existing lock-down arrangements will continue for the high risk groups.
... also pondering on how I feel about leaving the house occasionally for a walk. It's not the walking part but the risk level as I am in the group that's supposed to stay at home. If I choose the time and route carefully I think it is a relatively low risk activity that provides plenty of benefits. The easing of the lock-down allows for people to spend unlimited time out of the home for exercise from Wednesday and also permits driving to other locations, so driving to somewhere that's likely to be free from people is also an option.
... also pondering on how I feel about leaving the house occasionally for a walk. It's not the walking part but the risk level as I am in the group that's supposed to stay at home. If I choose the time and route carefully I think it is a relatively low risk activity that provides plenty of benefits. The easing of the lock-down allows for people to spend unlimited time out of the home for exercise from Wednesday and also permits driving to other locations, so driving to somewhere that's likely to be free from people is also an option.
.. celebrating Ced's birthday week as best I can. His actual birthday would be tomorrow, the 12th, and if he'd lived he would have been 81. I always do something special during this week in celebration of his life, but my planned stay in a cottage by the sea has obviously been cancelled. Instead, I will make the effort to have a special time here with a couple of takeaways, trips to the theatre (you can never have enough of those!), and reminiscing with friends and family.
... also celebrating that I lost two pounds last week. This was intentional, not accidental, as I am focusing on reducing portion size, and I want to start doing some regular exercise again.
... hoping that choir practice isn't cancelled tonight. The Sunday sing-along didn't happen because M, the choir leader, is having problems with her digital piano but she has a service engineer looking at it today so fingers are crossed!
0 Comments