Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Library haul



Younger son went in to the library to collect some books that I had on order - seven all at once is a record. "The librarian said, There's quite a pile," he reported, "so I told her, She's started book blogging. Ah, she said..."

Started - huh! "I began in August 2007!" I retorted in great indignation. "In the life of the internet," he replied, "you've just started". I couldn't reply that I'd been using the interwebz since he was a squalling bundle, because he's always been more technically able than me, even when he was rather small.

Indignation notwithstanding, it's a pretty satisfying haul. I was a bit disappointed with the last Jasper Fforde book I read, but Shades of Grey seems to have been well-received. Nicola Slade's Murder Most Welcome is in the nature of a prequel for me, since she very kindly sent me Murder is the Cure last year - so I know I'm going to enjoy it.

I'm rather ashamed to say that I've never read Alan Garner's Thursbitch, an omission I've been meaning to rectify for some time. The delay was largely due to my (mostly unsuccessful) attempts to limit my bookbuying. Stephen Hunt's Rise of the Iron Moon is the third in a series that I've been enjoying immensely, so I'm dying to get started on it.

I've had Guy Gavriel Kay's Ysabel on order at the library for months - I think the original copy may have fallen victim to the floods that hit Morpeth in 2008, so this is a pristine copy, bought at my behest. And nicely in time for the Fourth Canadian Book Challenge, I think! The two Kate Ellis books turned up while I was searching for Canadian murder mysteries; instead, I happened on a series which takes place in South Devon, so I thought I would have to try them. She writes two series, and I have one of each here - the other is set in York (Seeking the Dead). Off to London in the morning, for three days, and I have three books with me. You never know, I may have a sleepless night!

Post a Comment

0 Comments