| Directed by: Asit Sen Music: Salil Choudhary Starring: Abhi Bhattacharya, Mala Sinha, Gajanan Jagirdar, Tarun Bose, Lillian, Kumud Tripathi, Dhumal |
I took this on a whim - it was produced by Bimal Roy, and I have a fondness for his type of cinema; it had music by Salil Choudhary, one of my favourite music directors; it starred Abhi Bhattacharya and Tarun Bose, two of my favourite 'character' artistes - and with the former as 'hero' to boot! - and it was a murder mystery-cum-suspense-thriller - my favourite kind. I also didn't know quite what to expect from the movie. But despite the fact that it had Mala Sinha (who, I must confess, is *not* among my favourite heroines), I was prepared to be entertained. In the end it more than exceeded my (limited) expectations.
The police were not a set of inept bumbling fools; the detective hero was unusually intelligent, though I did feel like hitting him on the head with a hammer a few times, the vamp had more to do than the heroine and was completely stylised (the way I like my vamps to be); she also bore a marked resemblance to Katrina Kaif (including the way she spoke); the hero's sidekick was less irritating than he usually is, in these sort of films, and the suspense was not bad at all!
0 Comments