Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

IWSG, Polar Night Sale, and a September Giveaway


This month's meeting of the Insecure Writer's Support Group marks the second anniversary of the hop, which was founded by Alex J. Cavanaugh in 2011. I can't believe we've been going strong for two years now. If you haven't joined the group and would like to, visit Alex's page here. Everyone is welcome and you won't find a nicer group anywhere on the net. :)

This month my insecurity relates to reading, in spite of the fact that I love to read and always have. But lately I've been ruining my enjoyment of reading because I can't stop criticizing myself while I read. No matter what I'm reading, I keep thinking about how whatever I write is nowhere near as good as the book I'm holding at the time.

My inner monologue goes something like this: "I wish I could write like this. I'll never be able to write even half this well. I can't write descriptions the way this author does..." Eventually I get to "I suck and I might as well pack it in right now." ;)

It's a useless, destructive habit and one that I am trying hard to break. Anyone else have trouble enjoying books because you can't stop playing the comparison game?



Speaking of books, my book Polar Night is on sale for 10% off at Smashwords now through October 6, 2013. Just use the coupon code DK46V to get the discount when you check out.

Finally, as I count down to the December release of my follow-up novel The Ghosts of Aquinnah I've decided to hold monthly giveaways.

For September I'll be giving away an Amazon or Barnes & Noble (winner's choice) $20 gift card to the first place winner and two sets of  Polar Night magnets and bookmarks (one each per set) to the second and third place winners. Eventually I'll be adding Aquinnah swag to the mix as well.


 If you'd like to enter my September drawing, just use the Rafflecopter form below!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Post a Comment

0 Comments